The overall aim of the EuCheMS DCE is to promote and support the co-operation about chemistry and the environment issues between the European chemical societies and their members. Activities of how to achieve this aim are:
- to represent EuCheMS in matters concerning chemistry and the environment;
- to contribute to the advancement of environmental chemistry and chemistry and the environment in the countries of the national member societies of EuCheMS;
- to promote and support the co-operation about chemistry and the environment issues between the national chemical societies in Europe and their members;
- to identify important areas in science, technology and other human activities relevant to chemistry and the environment, and to stimulate actions in such fields;
- to address aspects of importance in or to chemistry and the environment, which need regulation, harmonisation, standardisation or codification, and to make recommendations as appropriate;
- to promote and support the sound application of chemistry for assessing and solving environmental issues.
Delegates to the DCE are appointed by EuCheMS member societes, which are normally national chemical societies, and must have expertise in a field relevant to environmental chemistry.
Observers may be nominated by inter- and supranational organizations being active in environmental chemistry and national chemical societies outside EuCheMS.
Guests are invited by the DCE Steering Committee if their expertise is relevant.
Delegates, Observers and Guests meet at the Annual Meeting which constitutes the supreme authority of DCE.
Official dissemination organ of DCE
- The EuCheMS DCE Annual Meeting 2015 was held on Saturday 19 September 2015 in Leipzig, Germany, preceding ICCE 2015.
- The EuCheMS DCE Spring Meeting 2016 was held on Saturday 2 April 2016 in Oslo, Norway.
- The EuCheMS DCE Annual Meeting 2016 took place on Saturday 10 September 2016 in Seville, Spain, preceding 6th ECC.
- The Spring meeting of EuCheMS DCE was held on Saturday 25 February 2017, in Bordeaux, France
- The upcoming annual meeting will take place in Oslo, in June 17, 2017.
Prof. Santiago Luis