The 2017 EuChemS General Assembly annual meetings took place in La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy, on the 25, 26 and 27 September.
The General Assembly (GA), Executive Board, and Professional Networks meeting were kindly hosted by EuChemS Member Society Società Chimica Italiana.
This year´s GA was marked by the signing of the position paper Research and Education Without Borders After Brexit, in which EuChemS Members stated their support to the continued scientific collaboration between the EU and the UK.
Among its decisions, the GA accepted the future application of Consiglio Nazionalle Delle Ricerche as a new Supporting Member and approved the creation of a new Professional Network on “Formulation in Chemistry”.
EuChemS GA also elected four Executive Board Members: Nicola Armaroli, Kenneth Ruud, Livia Simon Sarkadi, and Saskia Van Der Vies.
Moreover, this GA discussed the developments achieved by EuChemS during the mandate of President David Cole-Hamilton (2015 – 2017) and launched the discussion on where to go next under the mandate of President Pilar Goya (2018 – 2020). Significant developments have been achieved recently in EuChemS relation with its Member Organisations, Professional Networks and with citizens, but many new developments are planned the future of European chemistry.
Presentations GA 2017
- A Review of EuChemS 2014 – 2017 – David Cole-Hamilton
- Overview of EuChemS 2011 – 2017 – Nineta Hrastelj
- Recent EuChemS Policy Activities – Bruno Vilela
- EuChemS Divisions/Working Parties – Eckart Rühl (presentation will soon be available)
- EYCN´s Updates – Alice Soldà
- Outlook for the next three years of EuChemS – Pilar Goya
- National Research Council of Italy (CNR) – Maurizio Peruzzini, CNR