Following a decision from its Executive Board, EuChemS is inviting its Member Societies to submit their offers to host the 2020 EuChemS Chemistry Congress.
The EuChemS Chemistry Congresses are arranged to include, for example, several parallel scientific sessions, to provide extensive exhibition space, to enable posters to be displayed for the duration of the event, and to have early evening events for the general public, as well as an opening and closing ceremony and appropriate social events. Maximising the involvement of young scientists and scientific networking are an important target for the Congress. Satellite and associated sessions, including research policy related ones, before and after the Congress, may also be arranged. For more information on EuChemS Chemistry Congresses, please see http://www.euchems.eu/events-overview/euchems-chemistry-congresses/.
Member Societies should confirm by no later than 6 May 2016 whether they intend submit a bid to host the 2020 Congress. The deadline for submitting offers is 8 July 2016. Those submitting their offers will be given an opportunity to present their candidature at the Executive Board meeting in September in Sevilla.
The first seven EuChemS Chemistry Congresses were as follows:
- 2006 August, Budapest, Hungary, organised by the Hungarian Chemical Society
- 2008 September, Torino, Italy, organised by the Società Chimica Italiana
- 2010 August, Nürnberg, Germany, organised by GDCh
- 2012 August, Prague, Czech Republic, organised by the Czech Chemical Society
- 2014 August/September, Istanbul, Turkey, organised by the Turkish Chemical Society
- 2016 September, Sevilla, Spain, organised by ANQUE in collaboration with other chemical societies from Spain
- 2018 September, Liverpool, UK, organised by the RSC.