We’re hiring: Administrative Assistant
Jun 20, 2022
EuChemS, the European Chemical Society, is looking for a motivated, energetic and capable early career Administrative Assistant to assist us with office administration.
In this role, you will be responsible for processing documents, maintaining databases, and internal communication. You may also be required to manage office supplies and to backup, when required, online communication with the public.
To ensure success as an Administrative Assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and demonstrable knowledge with at least some experience in a secretarial role. An outstanding Administrative Assistant is highly organized in performing a wide array of administrative duties.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of French. Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in managing documents, spreadsheets, and databases. (advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, …)
- Exceptional filing, recordkeeping, and organisational skills.
- Proficiency in appointments scheduling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise internally and externally on administrative matters.
- Basic IT knowledge (WordPress and social media)
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant would be advantageous.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing secretarial duties and reporting to the Secretary General.
- Processing, typing, editing, and formatting invoices and documents.
- Filing documents on SharePoint, as well as entering data and maintaining databases in Microsoft Excel.
- Liaising with internal networks.
- Arranging and scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Coordinating promotional materials as well as managing incoming and outgoing post
- Online communicating with the public, if required (website, social networks)
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering replacements.
- Assisting with copying, scanning, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Assisting in organising meetings and events.
- Assisting the General Secretary in the daily management of the association
- Observing best business practices and etiquette.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a short motivation to secretariat[at]euchems.eu by 30 June 2022.
Foreseen start of the contract: 01 August 2022
The EuChemS office is located in the European district in Brussels.
More information about EuChemS
EuChemS is an umbrella organisation representing national Chemical Societies and other chemistry-related organisations in Europe. EuChemS aims to nurture a platform for scientific discussion and to provide a single European voice on key policy issues in Chemistry and related fields. Through the promotion of Chemistry and by providing expert and scientific advice, EuChemS aims to take part in the solution to today´s major societal challenges.