The European Chemical Society (EuChemS) is looking for a motivated, energetic and capable early career Administrative Secretary to assist us with office administration.
In this role, you will be responsible for processing documents, maintaining databases, and internal communication. You may also be required to manage office supplies and to backup, when required, external communication with the public.
To ensure success as an Administrative Secretary, you should possess excellent communication skills and demonstrable knowledge with at least some experience in a secretarial role. Outstanding Administrative Secretaries are highly organised in performing a wide array of administrative duties.
Administrative Secretary Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Administrative Secretary would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in managing documents, spreadsheets, and databases. (advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, …)
- Ability to liaise internally and externally on administrative matters.
- Exceptional filing, recordkeeping, and organisational skills.
- Basic knowledge in content management systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners.
- Proficiency in appointments scheduling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Administrative Secretary Responsibilities
- Performing secretarial duties and reporting to the Secretary General.
- Processing, typing, editing, and formatting invoices and documents.
- Filing documents, as well as entering data and maintaining databases.
- Liaising with internal networks.
- Arranging and scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Online communicating with the public, if required (website, social networks)
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering replacements.
- Assisting with copying, scanning, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Assisting in organising meetings and events.
- Assisting the General Secretary in the daily management of the association.
- Observing best business practices and etiquette.
What we offer
A full-time Belgian employment contract, with a competitive salary based on your previous work experience and education.
The EuChemS office is located in the European district in Brussels.
More information about EuChemS
EuChemS is an umbrella organisation representing national Chemical Societies and other chemistry-related organisations in Europe. EuChemS aims to nurture a platform for scientific discussion and to provide a single European voice on key policy issues in Chemistry and related fields. Through the promotion of Chemistry and by providing expert and scientific advice, EuChemS aims to take part in the solution to today´s major societal challenges.