- Nominations for EuChemS Awards open
- EuChemS participates in IUPAC|CHAINS2023
- Memorandum of Understanding signed between EuChemS and ACS
- Hospital of Pilgrims in Altafulla and The legacy of Karl Ziegler and Giulio Natta named as EuChemS Historical Landmarks
- 2022 EuChemS Lecture Award awarded to Athina Anastasaki
Todd, Alexander Robertus (1907-1997)
Todd, Alexander Robertus (Baron)
Born: Glasgow (Scotland), 1907
Todd graduated from the University of Glasgow (1929) and obtained a doctorate in Frankfurt (Germany) (1931) and a second doctorate (1933) at Oxford (England). In 1947 he synthesised the compounds adenosine diphosphate and triphosphate (ADP and ATP). In the 1950’s he synthesised several coenzymes with nucleotide-like structure. Todd was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1957 for his work on nucleotides.
"for his work on nucleotides and nucleotide co-enzymes"