EuChemS Awards – Information Session 2021
Oct 15, 2021
Following the successful first edition held in 2020, the European Chemical Society (EuChemS) organised an Information Session on its Awards on Tuesday 9 November, from 14:00 to 15:30 CET. The webinar was held on the platform Zoom.
During this Information Session, you will be introduced to 5 EuChemS Awards:
This Information Session is for those who are eligible to submit a nomination to one of the EuChemS calls currently open, and for those who are just curious to discover more about how EuChemS recognises research undertaken in the chemical sciences.
During this session, you will learn about:
- the purpose of each EuChemS Award;
- who is eligible for the EuChemS Awards;
- who can nominate a candidate for the EuChemS Awards;
- how to submit a nomination and where to find the nomination form;
- the explanation of the nomination procedures and selection process;
- the previous Awardees;
- tips from the Jury members.
- Welcome words
- Presentation of the EuChemS Historical Landmarks Award
- Presentation of the European Chemistry Gold Medal Award
- Presentation of the EuChemS Lecture Award
- Presentation of the EuChemS Award for Service
- Presentation of the European Young Chemists’ Award (EYCA)
- Q&A session
This online event will be hosted and moderated by N. Hrastelj (EuChemS Secretary General).
The videos will be featured by L. Jousset (EuChemS Science Communication and Policy Officer) and A. Robinson (EuChemS Administrative Assistant).
Our guests for interactive sessions are Floris Rutjes (EuChemS President), A. Agostiano (Chair of the European Young Chemists Award Committee), S. Flitsch (Chair of the International Award Committee for the EuChemS Lecture Award), M. Menche (EYCN Chair) and B. Van Tiggelen (Chair of the EuChemS Historical Landmark Selection Committee).