2014 EuChemS General Assembly
Following EuChemS tradition and openness to society, representatives of EuChemS Member Societies, Divisions and Working Parties and distinguished guests participated in the EuChemS General Assembly.
Two central moments during this year´s General Assembly were the “European Research in Chemistry”, which linked research and policy related issues, and the “EuChemS Strategy” session, which discussed what is next for EuChemS.
This General Assembly also marked the transition of the Presidency from Prof. Ulrich Schubert to Prof. David Cole-Hamilton.
EuChemS would like to thank to the General Assembly host, the Polish Chemical Society. The next General Assembly will take place in Vienna in September 2015.
Presentations GA 2014
- Polish Chemical Society – Piotr Bałczewski
- Update on EuChemS activities – Ulrich Schubert
- EuChemS policy development – Nineta Hrastelj
- EuChemS Divisions/WPs: report and a look forward – Eckart Rühl
- European Young Chemists’ Network – Aurora Walshe
- European Nanoporous Materials Institute of Excellence – Venčeslav Kaučič
- European Chemistry Thematic Network Association – Franco de Angelis
- EuChemS Strategy Discussion – Steven Alexander
- EuChemS General Assembly 2015 Vienna
European Research in Chemistry session
- Video Speech – Jerzy Buzek, Member of the European Parliament
- The European Research Council – Klaus Bock, European Research Council
- Foresight for policy-making – Anne-Katrin Bock, European Commission DG Joint Research Centre
- Horizon 2020 – Helge Wessel, European Commission DG Research and Innovation
- ACS Engagement: US and European Chemistry Related Collaboration & Exchange – Bradley D. Miller, American Chemical Society
- European Research in Chemistry: Promoting International Collaboration – Kathrin Winkler, ERA-Chemistry Network