The 2018 EuChemS General Assembly annual meetings took place in Jurys Inn Hotel, Liverpool, on the 25 and 26 August 2018.
The General Assembly (GA), Executive Board, and Professional Networks meeting were kindly hosted by EuChemS Member Society the Royal Society of Chemistry.
This year´s GA discussed many of the upcoming developments and activities to be carried out by EuChemS over the next year: in particular, preparations and ideas for projects and events in celebration of the 2019 International Year of the Periodic Table (IYPT2019); the approaching launch of the EuChemS online course on Chemistry and Ethics; as well as updates on the upcoming 3rd European Employability Survey for Chemists. The latest EuChemS activities on the upcoming EU research framework programme, Horizon Europe were also presented to the General Assembly. The final Position Paper can be accessed here.
Finally, EuChemS is also proud to announce that as of January 2019, the Union of Chemists in Bulgaria will join EuChemS as a new member.
Presentations GA 2018
- President’s Business – Pilar Goya
- EuChemS Secretariat Updates – Nineta Hrastelj
- EuChemS Policy & Communications Updates – Alex Schiphorst
- EuChemS Divisions and Working Parties – Marco Arlorio
- EYCN updates – Alice Soldà
- Finances – Eckart Ruhl (soon available)
- IYPT2019 activities– David Cole-Hamilton
- Chemistry & Ethics online course – Jan Mehlich
- 3rd European Employability Survey for Chemists Update– Reiner Salzer