The value is on circularity – Recycling-reusing-reinvesting on critical raw materials webinar was jointly organised by the European Chemical Society (EuChemS) and Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament. The event was held online on Thursday 5 November 2020.
Discover more about this online event and download the presentations of the speakers HERE.
– Welcome and setting the scene by Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament: 0:25
– Chemistry welcome by Pilar Goya, EuChemS President: 7:32
– Critical elements and the transition to electric mobility, Nicola Armaroli, Italian National Research Council (CNR): 12:48
– Horizon Europe: critical elements and circular economy in the next framework programme, Barend Verachtert, European Commission, DG RTD, Prosperity Directorate: 26:55
– The use of alternative fuels as a key strategy to address the European Green Deal, Nicolas Moussiopoulos, Aristotle University Thessaloniki (AUTh): 41:51
– Urban mining and the recycling of E-Waste, Christian Hagelüken, Umicore: 54:56
– The EC list of Critical Raw Materials (EU policy), Peter Handley, European Commission, DG GROW: 1:05:57
– Phosphorus, an essential element to feed the world, Evamarie Hey-Hawkins, Leipzig University: 1:17:12
– High-value food ingredients from agri-food by-products and wastes: overview, strategies and prebiotic oligosaccharides as case study, Marco Arlorio, Università del Piemonte Orientale (UPO): 1:32:17
– Sustainability in renewable solar-to-electric energy conversion: A case for thin-film photovoltaics, Jovana V. Milić, University of Fribourg and EPFL: 1:46:00
– 3R education – is it our job?, Iwona Maciejowska, Jagiellonian University: 1:55:18
– Q&A: 2:06:39
– Conclusion: 2:22:53
Watch the workshop here!