The 2017 EuChemS annual meetings will take place in Rome, Italy.
The following meetings will take place:
25 September (afternoon) and 26 September (morning): Executive Board Meeting (only for Executive Board Members)
26 September (afternoon): General Assembly Closed Session (only for EuChemS representatives with voting rights)
27 September (morning): General Assembly (for EuChemS representatives with voting rights, Members of the Executive Board, Chairs of Professional Networks, and invited guests)
27 September (afternoon): Chairs of Professional Networks meeting (only for Chairs of Professional Networks)
More information will be provided later on.
[gdlr_accordion style=”style-1″ initial=”0″]
The General Assembly will take place at the University of Roma “La Sapienza”
1) University main gate: Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma
2) Ex Board meeting: Parravano meeting room at the Dipartamento di Chimica at the building CU014
3) General Assembly: Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologie del Farmaco, Class room n.3 at the building CU034
[gdlr_tab title=”Transportation and Accomodation”]
University of Roma “La Sapienza” is located close to Roma Central Station (Termini Station) and is well connected with central city area.
Train – There is a train connecting Roma Airport to Termini Station every 20 min, the ride takes about 30 min and it is the fastest route to central Roma. Tickets can be obtained at ticket machine or at ticket stands in the airport train station, the cost is 14€. The train schedule can be checked at http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en.
From Termini railway station (Via Marsala Gate) to University main gate (Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma): 1.000 meters – 15 min walking.
Airport Bus – The airport bus has a ticket cost of 5.90 € and a ride time of about 55 min, depending on route traffic.
Taxi – The cost for a taxi is 48€ (fixed fare).
There are several hotels around Central Station, most of them are at walking distance from University.
Please note that September is a tourist season in Roma, advance booking is highly advisable!
Here is a short list of some suggested hotel close to the meeting site:
- Ateneo Garden Palace, Via dei Salentini 3 Roma. Phone: + 39 06 4440042; Fax: + 39 06 4453621; Email: ; web: http://www.ateneorome.com
- Best Western Hotel Canada, Via Vicenza 58 00185 Roma (RM) Tel: +39 06 4457770; Fax: +39 06 4450749; E-mail: ; web: http://www.hotelcanadaroma.com/
- Venetia Palace, Via Marghera 47/A, 00185 Roma; TEL.: +39 06 492071, Email: ; web: http://www.venetiapalacehotel.com/en/
- Hotel Villafranca Roma, Via Villafranca, 9 00185 Roma; Tel. +39 06 4440364; Fax +39 06 44700857; Email ; web: http://www.hotelvillafrancarome.com/
- Hotel Nord Nuova Roma, Via G. Amendola, 3 00185 Roma, Tel: +39 06 4885441; Fax: +39 06 4817163 -E-Mail: ; http://www.hotelnordnuovaroma.it/en/
[gdlr_tab title=”Appointment of Proxy”]