EuChemS representative Prof. Wolfram Koch was selected for the High-Level Advisory Group “Open Science Policy Platform”. The group was announced today, the 27th May, by European Commissioner Carlos Moedas at the Competitiveness Council in Brussels.
The mandate of this group, composed by 25 stakeholders, is to:
- advise the Commission on how to further develop and practically implement open science policy, in line with the priority of Commissioner Moedas to radically improve the quality and impact of European science;
- function as a dynamic, stakeholder-driven mechanism for bringing up and addressing issues of concern for the European science and research community and its representative organisations, following five broad lines for actions which are presented in the draft European Open Science Agenda
- support policy formulation by helping to identify the issues to be addressed and providing recommendations on the policy actions required;
- support policy implementation, contributing to reviewing best practices, drawing policy guidelines and encouraging their active uptake by stakeholders;
- provide advice and recommendations on any cross-cutting issue affecting Open Science.