A First Look at the European Survey on the Employability of Chemists
The Workshop on the Employability of Chemists, which took place on the 12th of December 2014 in Brussels, explored the current labour market challenges presented to European chemists. During this event, EuChemS President provided some pointers on how a good chemist can get a good placement on the labour market. Other highlight from this event was the first look at the European Survey on the Employability of Chemists, presented by Prof. Reiner Salzer. This conference was co-organised by the European Commission´s Joint Research Centre, EuChemS and the European Chemistry Thematic Network Association and was followed by the 2014 graduation ceremony of the Euromaster on Measurement Science in Chemistry.
- Opening– Philip Taylor, Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre
- What makes students more employable – David Cole–Hamilton, President of the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences (EuChemS)
- European higher education aspects on employability issues – Francesco De Angelis, President of the European Chemistry Thematic Network Association, ECTN
- The perspective of the European Chemical industry – Sophie Wilmet, Cefic
- The European Employment Survey for Chemists: presentation of study in progress – Reiner Salzer, Coordinator of the survey